Monday, January 12, 2009

The Best Political News in a Long Time - Senator Roland Burris

Folks, I hate Rod Blagojevich. I hate his personality, his allegedly criminal activity, the fact that he is a Cubs fan - the whole package. Oh, and my family is half Crotian, so I pretty much despise the guy on all levels.

And I think Roland Burris is as good at losing elections in Illinois as the French are at losing wars.

But I have to say, I am totally, utterly psyched that the rules are still the rules. Despite BS posturing from Harry Reid, self-righteous indignation from Illinois Democrats, and open ridicule from just about every columnist/public intellectual in Washington, New York, and Chicago, the rules in this country still are, apparently the rules. The law still matters. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment